One of the area’s largest health and safety expositions is set to take place Sunday, May 20 at the LVAC Headquarters 40 Embry Place, Lancaster (off of Walden; one block east of Central Avenue). Last year hundreds of residents turned out for the fair hosted by Lancaster’s longtime emergency medical services provider.
From noon to 4 p.m. at our Embry Place headquarters, dozens of exhibitors will meet with the public to increase health and safety awareness through education and prevention, which is part of LVAC’s longstanding mission. A variety of exhibitors will be on hand to help the public become aware of the many health-related programs, services, and providers available in the community.
The free exposition will be open to adults and children. It will also feature free food, raffles, blood pressure checks, a bake sale, free tote bag with goodies to the first 24 families, a 9-1-1 simulator to teach kids what happens when they call 9-1-1 and a coloring contest for kids 7 and under.
Exhibitors scheduled to take part include: Baby’s Sweet Beginnings, Little Rumpkins Cloth Diaper Service, UNYTS, Lancaster Police Department, Alzheimer’s Association of WNY, Lancaster Public Library, Sit n’ Stay Pet Services, Child Care Resource Network, Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition, the LVAC Bike Team and Explorers, Lancaster Chiropractic, Bowmansville Fire Department and Lancaster Family YMCA.
- Little Rumpkins Diaper Service delivers cloth diapers right to your door making it convenient and easy for you to cloth diaper your baby! We take the dirty diapers to a local commercial facility to ensure they are being cleaned and cared for properly. Our weekly service cost includes prefold cloth diapers, pick-up and delivery of those diapers to your door every week, and laundry fees.
- Baby’s Sweet Beginnings is the only privately owned Lactation Center in WNY owned and operated by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. We are also the only center that provides a 24/7 help line, answered every time by an IBCLC!
- UNYTS will have information to boost awareness and action with regard to organ, eye, tissue and blood donation. Donation bus will be available.
- Lancaster Public Library will provide information about library services, programs and materials available to the community.
- Sit n’ Stay Pet Services specializes in pet sitting, dog walking, training and pet first aid classes. Will be highlighting pet first aid classes and child and dog safety information.
- Child Care Resource Network is a member of a state and national system of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies. We provide a comprehensive range of services to children and families, providers of early care and education, government and businesses in Buffalo and Erie County. The staff members of the Child Care Resource Network are professionals in the fields of Early Childhood Education and Care, Special Education, Human Services, Communication, and Business.
- Lancaster-Depew Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition’s mission is to prevent youth substance abuse by collaborating with groups within the community. Displays will include information about the coalition as well as information pieces to raise awareness about substance abuse.
- Lancaster Chiropractic Center will provide information and education on chiropractic care and services we provide; laser therapy, If therapy, adjustment, nutritional counseling and standard process supplements.
- Lancaster Family YMCA provides programs for children – sports, aquatics, camps, before and after school programs.
- The Lancaster Volunteer Ambulance Corps Explorer Post will conduct a bake sale and blood pressure checks.
- The Bomansville Fire Company will offer training on fire safety and fire truck tours.
- The Lancaster Volunteer Ambulance Corps will offer health and safety information, balloons, ambulance tours, equipment demonstrations, give-a-ways.
If you have any questions, please contact LVAC’s public relations director Amanda Popiolkowski at email@example.com. We are excited about providing this vital service to our community and look forward to seeing you on May 20!